http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Monday, April 26, 2010

BLUEBIRD OF HAPPINESS


Sorry, I couldn't resist that title.  It's because I am happy. This will be one of the cards we will do at my Stamp Camp on May 8th.  The rest of the projects are under wraps until then. 

As long as I was punching birds, and using the BigZ Oval Scallop Frame die for the stamp camp card, I thought I might as well actually punch another bird and use the frame.  The frame was cut from Whisper White and that looked a bit too bland, so I sponged it with Old Olive and Bashful Blue.  There probably isn't any such bird in nature, but it fit the color scheme.  So, I'll claim artist's choice. Not that I fancy myself much of an artist, but I actually do like the way that it turned out.  The base is Crushed Curry.

The card goes together very fast - especially since the frame was already cut.

The 2-Step Bird punch is way too much fun to work with. So is the Butterfly punch. ( Oops. Could that be a hint?)

Here's a tip:
When glueing down tiny pieces like the leaves or the stem of the branch, it can be a challenge to get just a little bit of glue on the piece.  Too much and it runs outside and leaves a glue shine where you don't want it.   Try using a plastic container lid, dropping a small dollop of glue onto the lid.  Pick up just enough with a toothpick and apply it to the image you wish to glue down.  Easy as pie and no mess to spoil your lovely creation.

No comments: