http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SYMPATHY CARD IN VELLUM

Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set is such a lovely set to use to make beautiful cards. Here is a Sympathy card, using the lily stamp.  I stamped the lily on vellum card stock using black Staz-On ink and colored the centers using a blender pen and Mello Moss and Summer Sun re-inkers. The lilies are cut out and then attached to Whisper White panel using Snail. Whisper White is mounted on Mellow Moss.  The base is Cameo Coral. The ribbon is Certainly Celery organdy. 

The sentiment is from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set and is stamped inside with Ruby Red Classic Ink.

I intended to position the bow a bit lower but once those glue dots hit the card stock - they were there to stay.  I'll be more careful next time. This is a design that I will definitely repeat. And - I'll use these colors as long as my supplies last. We're losing the Cameo Coral and Mellow Moss at the end of June when Stampin' Up's Color Renovation is in force.  I'm going to order another package or two of the Coral for my own use. It is a favorite color - especially for the roses. Check back tomorrow to see another sample.

No comments: