http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Friday, July 23, 2010

POPPIN' PASTELS



I've been playing around with my Stampin' Pastels this week and re-visited one of the old favorites - Poppin' Pastels. Vintage Vogue stamp set lends itself well to the technique.  Here, I've used a combination of current and retired colors.  Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink are current.  I have three packages of Sage Shadow, now retired, so I used it on the 6x6 technique page.  You may see more of it in the future - I do like that color and was sorry to see it go. The text for the technique page is copied from Margo Kelly's Technique Book.

Sorry the one bow got crushed in the scanner. I tried several times to lay it flat, and it just likes to pop up - and then gets crushed.  You get the idea.  It's pretty in real life.

Here's a tip -that I learned the hard way - as we learn many of ou tips - and you can see the problem on the technique page.
Tip:  When combining the die cut oval and the scallop frame from the  Big Z Scallop Oval Frame die:
The oval does fit perfectly inside the frame, but .....  glue down the oval first, if it needs to be straight, as this one should be.  Then, place the frame so that it is straight.  You see that I didn't do it that way on this page and the frame is slightly skewed in order to fit the oval.  Perhaps I'll do another one correctly for display.  And then again, I probably won't.  It'll just be a good teaching tool, don't you think?

Stay tuned. I'm going to play with the Stampin' Pastels some more in the next few days.

No comments: