http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Friday, September 30, 2011

THANKSGIVING FABULOUS FLORETS

Three Thanksgiving cards with a new set that is sure to become a favorite.

This was my response to a sketch challenge but when I began working with it, the original sketch was too busy for my taste and I liked this one better.  I hope you like it too.  Colors are Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi on Whisper White.
The original sketch shown in the top card called for something attached to the lower right corner of the picture. I tried one of the flowers and it didn't look right, so stamped and cut out the other one and it didn't look right either. Now I had two extra flowers. What to do?  Make another card and attach them to the same flower that is stamped on the card stock.  Pop them up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I like the final result.   I'm going to have to try something else with the original sketch, just to challenge myself to make something I like. 

Once I began playing with the stamp set and colors, I had to do at least one more. I goofed when I stamped one of the leaves and left a smudge, so, to cover that, I stamped more, cut them out and attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals. Sometimes, those goofs give us an opportunity to create something we like even better than the original.


No comments: