http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Designer Paper Angel Tags










Aren't these cute? I have been having the greatest time playing with these little angels. They are made with Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper.

I am a long time angel collector and had been thinking about what to do for an angel tag. So, when I first saw Tammy Howell's, I knew I had to learn how she made them. She ws gracious and sent photos of her angels along with the address of the blog that inspired her. You can see an excellent tutorial for making the angel by Jen Clendineng at http://www.crazystampgirl.com/?s=angel

Tammy added her own touch and, typical of stampers and paper crafters, I have, too.

As you can see, each one is different. As I played, the more combinations I tried, the more seemed to suggest themselves. I used pieces from only three of the papers in the package, but with two sides to each paper, the design combos seems endless.

My original intent was to make tags, but then I realized that these little gems can be an element on a card as well, so that is why many of them have halos instead of longer loops. Wouldn't a rhinestone brad be pretty at her waistline? I also think that I will add glitter to the wings of future angels.

See what you started, Tammy and Jen?

Cardstock: Holiday Treasures Designer Series Paper and coordinating solid colors cardstock
Accessories: Circle scallop punch, 5-Petal punch, 3/4" circle punch, gold elastic cord

6 comments:

Candice Windham said...

Betty, These are great! I'm going to use this idea for our ladies Slumber Party at church in a couple of weeks. I am taking a shoebox project and this is perfect! Thanks!

Sue4stampin said...

These angels are darling. They look easy enough for a class I am teaching at a Memory Care Facility.

I also like your Halloween Frankie and Owl cards.
Sue4stampin

Jan Hoyt said...

thanks for sharing your creations and also for the link to the original version. This looks so easy, I will absolutely HAVE to give it a whirl. Jan

Tammy Q Howell said...

These are awesome Betty. Thanks for sharing with us. I love all the details. That is so cute with the halo idea! Happy Stampin'!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Your little angels are so cute. They could be used in a variety of ways. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

Betty, these little angels are perfect for ATC's (Artist Trading Cards). Great for all those bits and pieces you have left after a project. What endless possibilities, an angel for all seasons and celebrations!