http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Friday, September 26, 2008

Keep Christmas Gift Tags







This first two, from the set Keep Christmas, has been a lot of fun. It has taken me the better part of two days to make 18 of them, mostly because I kept experimenting with colors and form. I intended to make just 10, but it is so easy to get carried away - especially when playing.

Both tags are embossed in black. The lamps glitter with Crystal Effects and clear glitter. Scrooge's trousers and top hat are watercolored. His coat in the right one is also watercolored. The rest of the coloring is done with markers.

The cardstock for the tag on the left is Bordering Blue, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White.

The tag on the right is a fold over tag, book style, using Naturals White cardstock.

I know these colors aren't truly Dickensonian, but it was the combo that I liked the best of the several I tried.

Tomorrow's tag will show the same stamp, but will be a quick tag to make.
This is a delightful set. I will probably use the rest of it as well - a candle arangement and a wreath, along with a Dickens quote. I haven't planned that far ahead yet. If you are a stamper, you know that what we plan isn't always the final product, is it?






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this site is really coming together for you, i see you are up and running at 400+ hits. Best of luck!! jan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Betty! I love this stamp set, both because 'A Christmas Carol' is a special tradition in our home, and I love coloring! Can't wait to see the rest of your tags!
Carol

Piece of the Day said...

They are all elegantly and beautifully made. Thanks for sharing your talent for a good cause.