http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Monday, February 8, 2010

Always Valentine #2

Here's another version using the same stamps and supplies. This time I added a silk flower and a half pearl from the Pretties kit.

Did you know that you can color the flowers and the pearls with your Stampin' Up! stamp pad or reinkers or Stampin' Write markers? I just smooshed the flower onto both the Rich Razzleberry and the Melon Mambo ink pads and let it dry. I wear gloves when doing this and there was enough ink on my glove to rub it on the pearl.

The stamping looks a little blurred in the photo but that is because of the height of the pearl in the scanner. You just have to believe me that the images are clear in real life.

Originally, I stamped the Happy Valentine sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set right on the card. But - it was just a tad crooked. Stampers know that "A mistake is an excuse for an embellishment". I didn't really embellish, but I did cover the mistake up by stamping again on a scrap and punching it out. Sometimes, our error corrections make for an improved final project, but this time, it just covers the error.

I'm on a kick using the Always stamp set right now. The next image you see will be using different colors and not necessarily a Valentine. So - check back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

Love this card. Always is one of my favourite sets. Kris

Betty Vene said...

Thanks, Kris. I'm glad you like it and pleased for your comment. It is a favorite set of mine, too. Eventually, I'll get some bird ones up, too. Everything I have on hand is with retired CS or DSP or embellishments. I hadn't used the stamp set in a while, obviously!