http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Monday, February 15, 2010

Onsies for Baby





















The Onsies I've seen posted are adorable and, because I know of several new Moms-to-be, I'm having fun playing with baby cards and ideas. The Onsies, once you've made your template, are quick and easy to do, depending on how you embellish. Just like cards - some are quick and some take longer to make. When I get permission from the originator of the template (I'm sure she will give it), I will share the link with you.

As you can see, I got carried away with the pink one.  I had put the Rose Red embellishments on the legs before I decided to make a little dress.  When the dress was added, the card was so garish that I cut more embellishments from Pretty in Pink but, knowing that I might not get it totally covering the original scallops, I decided to offset them. It does tone it down a bit, but if I were to make this one again, it would be with the pink only on the legs..

Both the pink one and the green striped ones are shaped cards with the fold at the shoulders.  The mounted card is Barely Banana even though it looks pinkinish in the photo. The body of the Onsie is texturized  by the Big Shot using the diamond patterned plate.  The texturizing with that plate gives the garment a quilted look.

Enjoy!

No comments: