http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Sunday, February 28, 2010

HAPPY LEPRECHAUN

Doesn't he just bring a smile to your face? When I saw him on Kimberley Morris's blog, I just couldn't resist.  She generously gave me permission to show on my blog what I've done with him.  You can see her original one, with instructions, at http://procrastistamper.blogspot.com/2009/03/lair-of-leprechauns.html

She suggested adding the Summer Sun circle in the O of "GO" to tie the colors together. It does add the finishing touch. Thanks, Kimberley.

The top card uses Naturals White as the base card.  The bottom card uses Summer Sun as the base card. It is a bit more gaudy, don't you think?  It is tempered somewhat by the Certainly Celery cardstock, which is a current color. The top one - I'm using up some of my stash of a retired color.  Mint Mist, I think it was called. I really do like the color and would love to see it come back, but it has been out of the line for several years, so - probably not.

I did another card like these but in my hurry to get it in the mail to beat a deadline, I forgot to add the ribbon before pasting down the sentiment, so I tied a knot in the center and placed it under his chin as a bow tie. That was cute, too. 

What you can't see very well here is that the green CS has been textured using my Big Shot.  It's a nice touch. The Leprechaun is made entirely with punches except for the strip of Basic Black and square of Summer Sun of the hat band.

Happy Stampin'

6 comments:

rhonda said...

Love it
This calls for casing!!

Betty Vene said...

Thanks, Rhonda. That's what I did to begin with - cased it from Kimberley. I hope you will show us what you do with it.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I don't know who made him first, but I love him! I made him a few years back based on cards by a Debby and one by Emmy. Sure I probably even saw one by Kimberley. I made him into a pin and used googly eyes on him...so cute and so easy to make...made one for each member of one of my red hat groups...They loved him and have worn him every year since.

Cynthia Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Elizabeth said...

these are ADORABLE! thanks for sharing!

- missimagination.com

Betty Vene said...

Thanks again for your nice comments. What a good idea to make a pin of him. I have a few left and must may have to do that. Thanks for the idea.

Lynn Put said...

This does bring a smile to my face! What a super cute idea!
TFS