http://su-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/olo/aug2013/MainAd_butterfly_OLO_Aug29_NA.jpg

Butterfly Bundle

Monday, February 1, 2010

More covered notebooks

Here are a couple of notebooks. They are such fun to do, and you can make them as simple or as complex as you wish, just like cards.

Shades of Spring Designer Paper is used for both of them.
This is a little spiral bound purse notebook and matching pen. In addition to the Designer Paper, I used the 5/8" satin ribbon found in the Occasions mini catalog and the Elegant Eggplant 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. The stamp set is retired Brushstroke Alphabet and the note is (gasp!) a non-SU stamp. This notebook currently resides in my own purse.



This one uses Orchid Opulance as the base color. The flower is from the Pretties Kit. It started out white, as do all the flowers in the kit. I sponged the largest petals with Rose Red and Orchid Opulance, the middle layer with Rose Red and the top one with Pretty in Pink. The half pearl in the center is also from the Pretties Kit. Ribbons are Whisper White and the two pink ones are also Stampin' Up! ribbons but retired colors. If I hadn't had them in my stash, I would have sponged more white ribbon with Rose Red and Pretty in Pink. The silver cord separating the colors is usually available in the Holiday mini catalog, but I find that I buy enough to use all year long.

No comments: